Sunday, July 19, 2015

Thankful

I'm writing this with a full heart, listening to some very rare--and very needed--California rain outside our bedroom patio door. Russell is next to me, passed out and asleep because duh it is after 10 o'clock, the dog is in his bed, and I have my quiet opportunity to blog and/or journal.

Last week, I celebrated a very happy 25th birthday. I had dinner with my family which ended with them singing happy birthday complete with candles on an ice cream cake. I was spoiled with presents from my husband (Jewelry! Hiking shoes! A TYPEWRITER!) and then spoiled some more with presents from my family. Russell even took the day off of work and we shopped for fabric because I am obsessed with sewing now, while also eating lots of good food.

But it doesn't end there - Russell is proving to be my favorite human because he is celebrating my birthday all month. [Insert cheesy giddy smile here.] I'm spoiled.

I'm the happiest I've ever been. We have a cool condo that we get to decorate together; I have a happy, healthy marriage; I have a rad group of friends; and so many more things to be thankful for.

I guess this post isn't really to update you guys about anything, it's not to brag about anything either. I guess this post is more for me. I need these constant times of reflection to remember everything that I'm thankful for. It's so easy to forget about all the good stuff. And I never want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment