Thursday, October 2, 2014

Arts and Crafts

We've had a couple of weekends free lately which means we've had a lot of time at home. Which also means artsy fartsy days! (Also known as arts and crafts)

About a month ago, Russell decided to build a coffee table. I came home from a girls' weekend trip in Santa Barbara to see a pretty cool table built and painted in our living room. Russ likes working with his hands and building things which I guess is a great hobby, along with his gardening. He also paints you know, as in no big deal. And he wonders why I get so self-conscious around his artistic family–I neither paint, garden, nor build things.

However, I did take up knitting/crocheting again. Take that art world!

Left: First Table Russell has ever built
Right: First crocheted circle I've ever done
Last weekend, Russell's project was to build a planter for his ever-growing garden. It came out nicely. The red paint was my idea so I want a tiny bit credit ;)

The herb planter
While my husband was building that, I decided to knock a few crafts off my list. I used to journal a lot, still do but not as much as I would like, but needless to say I still have a fear of forgetting. I love capturing memories. And if I can't write them all down I keep momentos. From all the trips Russ and I take, I keep the ticket stubs. These range from movie dates, museums, plane tickets, train rides, etc. I finally made a frame to keep them all in.

Placed right above our sweet little H decoration
That's what we've been up to. This is what happens when you don't have a TV and are tired of playing board/card games and don't want to drive anywhere.

'Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment