Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Reno | July 2014

At the end of June, Russ and I had to make a sudden trip to Reno for family matters. Russ was able to work remotely for a week in Reno but I had to fly back down, work for the week here in SoCal, then fly back up on the 4th of July.

Side note: I have decided that the Reno airport is one of my least favorite places. Not because of customer service or anything that has to do with people, but because they almost always fly you in and out of Reno in tiny planes which is the scariest thing ever when going through the mountains/valleys of Reno. That little plane shook so much I thought I was going to die.

I had my first All-American Forth of July this year.
Proof of my All-American 4th of July
It was lots of fun. We celebrated Independence Day at our friend's cabin on Donner Lake, complete with silly hats, good ole American food, 200 pound dogs, and good company.

USA cookies (left) and USA flag (right)
Gigantic 200-lb and playful dog
The Damontes--look at baby Piper, so cute!
We were so fortunate to be able to catch up with lots of friends in Reno. Usually when we're up there, we're on a quick trip to see Russell's family but this time, we got to see a lot of people and spend some quality time with them. 

While being in Reno and experiencing the fireworks show up there was an experience I am thankful to have, I sadly missed my side of the family's celebration in SoCal. My brother and his wife hosted a barbeque at their condo. Lewis even got to be part of that celebration since we couldn't take him to Nevada with us. My brother with his unending humor texted me this photo when I asked him how Lewis was handling the fireworks:


Hehe, too bad I missed seeing Lewis' first experience with fireworks. There's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment